14.7.08

TUESDAY 8 JULY

reading
Learn the basics of student finance

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/money/consumer_affairs/article2546731.ece

listening

abcnews

the richest of the rich

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE5MjgxODA=.html

speaking

1.Let’s pick it up !
to pick something up it means to improve or to do something faster .
pick something up 有好多解释,如:拣东西,买物品,加速。在这里当提高讲。
e.g. If you want to get into Harvard . You’re gonna need to pick up your work !
如果你想进哈佛,你就得努力提高你的功课。
Since he’s been training every day . His football skills have been picked up .
自从他每天坚持训练后,他的球技突飞猛进啊!
2. We’re on a tight schedule
be on a tight schedule it means they’ve not much time to waste . 时间紧迫,迫在眉睫。
e.g. I was going to go sightseeing when I passed through Chicago .
But my schedule was too tight.
我路径芝加哥时想观光游览一下,但我的日程安排的很满。
3.I’ve got something I got to handle .
handle to handle something it means to take care of all responsibility on the situation or a task. 处理某事
e.g. I don’t think I could handle having more than two children .
孩子一多,我就不知所措了!
He had to leave the party early to handle some problem at work . 他得提早离席,因为单位里有事情要办。

没有评论: