31.7.08

THURSDAY 31 JULY

reading
The unfairness of international subsidies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2006/05/060501_sirron24april.shtml
CARICOM countries have petitioned the World Trade Organistion to extend their export subsidy programmes to 2018.The request has come amid trade quarrels between the US and the European Union (EU).The WTO Committee decided that the request for an extension will be considered in October this year.
listening
listen 'business daily'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/worldservice/meta/tx/dailybusiness_thu?nbram=1&nbwm=1&size=au&lang=en-ws&bgc=003399&ls=p557
in this listening inteoduce some dangerous policies in Russia economic,allegations of bullying tactics by the Russian government.interview a person who called jim he told what "we"do to against Russia and how to make normal business decisions in such a potentially profitable market.
in the second part ,talk about a south Korean woman who flouted her fathers wishes, and became a successful business leader in her own right.
speaking
Classic film clips 经典对白 选自“Beauty and Beast "
(1)what a pleasant surprise 意外的惊喜
例:Helen, I didn't knew you were coming to the party, what a pleasant surprise
Hey, Helen, I didn't know you work here too, what a pleasant surprise
(2)There isn't a girl in town , who wouldn't love to be in your shoes .(片中)
in one's shoes 成为....;处在...位置 = in one's situation
例:The boss is mad at you; I wouldn't want to be in your shoes
You won the lottery; I'd love to be in your shoes
(你中了头彩,我真想和你一样)
(3)I ' m speechless 说不出话来
=I 'm so surprised and I don't know what to say
I'm at a loss for words (以前学过)
例:You are getting married, that’s so wonderful, and I’m speechless
How could you be so stupid, I'm speechless。

没有评论: