27.8.08

WEDNESDAY 27 AUGUST

speaking:
Classic Film ClipsCold blooded=deceitful,heartless and selfish 冷血的,狠毒的,自私的
例句 You knew I like Sarah.Why did you ask her out?That was really cold blooded. 你知道我喜欢莎拉,还约她出去?你可真够狠的。
Stealing that little boy's skateboard was really cold blooded.You even don't know how to ride it. 你都不知道怎么滑就偷人家小男孩的滑板,你可真够差劲的。

As soon as we turn our backs
Turn your back=look away or pay no attention 不理睬
例句 As soon as I turn my back,I knew you are gonna steal my job. 我不看都知道你惦记着我的那个职位。 Every time I ask you for help,you turn your back on me.why? 每次我向你求助你都不理不睬,为什么?

vocabulary
http://www.flo-joe.co.uk/cae/students/writing/linking/contrast.htm
1 The team haven't been playing too well. ......, they are expected to win this afternoon .(Nevertheless)
2 ........ in nearly every country in the world they drive on the right, in England they insist on driving on the left. (While)
3 ........ to the north, which will remain warm and sunny, the south will become cloudy during the early morning. (In contrast)
4 He couldn't get the machine to work ........ following the instructions carefully. (despite)
5 I'm not tired at all. ........, I'm feeling full of energy.(On the contrary)
6 ........ the computer had recently been repaired, it still kept crashing. (Although)
7 I know we agreed to raise the issue at the next meeting ........ we simply won't have the time to discuss it. (but)
8 The man was arrested ........ claiming to have been nowhere near the scene of the crime.(in spite of)

没有评论: